BALLOON ADVENTURE – A NEW JOINT TOURIST PRODUCT
The possibility of flying with a hot-air balloon in Bulgaria and Romania is a relatively new tourist attraction, behind which is actually something bigger – creating a new tourist product that contributes to the promotion of the image of the cross-border region Romania-Bulgaria as a tourist destination for adventure tourism combined with many other tourism opportunities.
Since the start of the project, 2 hot-air balloons and equipment for transportation have been purchased. The two balloons are in the colors of the funding Program INTERREG V-A and are located on both sides of the Danube by the project partners – ARRBC-Vidin and ARIES-Oltenia.
The project activities are
- Project management
- Delivery of hot-air balloons and related equipment
- Development of marketing strategy for a new cross-border tourism product /hot-air balloons/
- Balloon promotion of the CBC area
- Workshops with local stakeholders for the creation of a joint CBC tourism offer
- Information and publicity
- Balloon flights on ropes in 20 towns
- Training of balloon ground crew
- Balloon fiesta
- Promotion at tourism fairs in Sofia and Bucharest